WE ARE BACK AT AGAIN , CX in the City V -SAVE THE DATE: Saturday Sept 30th 2023
You can enter the race via the British Cycling website <https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/289181/CCXL-Round-3—Velobants>:
Keep it dialled-in to VB socials to learn how this will again be your best CX race day experience of 2023.
British Cycling ‘s biggest event of 2019 is back again for Episode 5 with a day of CX racing as part of Central Cyclo-Cross League at the home of the UK’s 2014 UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup venue in partnership & huge thanks to The Parks Trust
For beginners to ex-pros, league members & guest riders.
Lock it in to find out why over 850 riders chose to be part of our 2019 event – including a mere 165 in the women’s race.
VOLUNTEERS – if giving back is your thing or even if you’re only doing it because you need some DoE volunteering hours – we are always looking for helping hands so please message us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our event FAQ list below has all the details you need to know.
2023 CCXL Race day timetable:
- 09:00 – Course open for training (30 mins)
- 09:30 – U10’s (Duration 10 mins)
- 09:32 – U8’s (Duration 10 mins)
- 09:50 – U12’s (Duration 15 mins)
- 10:15 – Youth (Duration 30 mins)
- 10:15 – Novice Race (Duration 30 mins)
- 11:00 – Course open for training (30 mins)
- 11:30 – Junior and Seniors Men (Duration 50 mins)
- 12:40 – Women – All age groups from Junior – V50+ (Duration 40 mins)
- 13:35 – Course open for training (20 mins)
- 13:55 – V40+ Men (Duration 40 mins)
- 14:50 – Vet 50+ Men (Duration 40 mins)
Q. Have a question that isn’t listed below?
A. Then submit it to us via our Facebook event page or any other VB social media and we’ll do our best to address and share the question & answer
All the A’s to those FAQ’s (and some not-so-FAQs)
All pre-entered riders will be emailed a race pack a few days in advance of the event which will contain all you need to know about the day, including maps and detailed directions.
What3Words location for parking and venue entry: ///handle.ocean.limits
Campbell Park is run by The Parks Trust, if you would like to know more about them - go here
There will be a £2 charge for parking.
If you know Velobants then you know our blogs always cover the quality (or otherwise) of the toilet facilities at other events.
So from the outset of our planning we decided we want to deliver you more than just a "portaloo" or "toilet can", which means the proceeds from parking are being directly used to fund the cost of some above-the-norm toilets with separate male & female facilities....there might even been lollipops.
Payment can be in cash or via card chip&pin or contactless or phone payment app or watch payment app. We think we have most bases covered here to make this seemless for all.
All pre-entered riders will be emailed a race pack a few days in advance of the event which will contain all you need to know about the day, including maps, public transport options and the detailed directions by road.
Campbell Park is less than 2 miles from Milton Keynes Central station, so a short and easy ride for anyone arriving by train.
You can even get a reserved space in a separate section, away from those piddly car vehicles, for you party / race wagon.
Please contact us in advance to get "on the list" either via social media or email@example.com
Free race-entry is offered to anyone arriving by helicopter - just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Live online timing is provided in all CCXL races.
In our event village you will find the following available; super nice coffee, cakes, Belgian Frites, Belgian Waffles, Red Bull and other hot stuff that tastes nice
So forget the packed lunch, just pack some extra cash monies!!
If you can't convince them to take part or set up camp in our event village, then Willen Lake, the Xscape Snowdome, Cineworld and one of UK's largest shopping centres are all just a short walk away from Campbell Park.
Alternatively, spice things up and hit the course with no sighter lap 🙂
1. Ensure you take only memories AND ALL YOUR RUBBISH and leave only tyre tracks .
2. Please rave about the race, cyclocross in general and Central League via all social media channels.
3. Contact The Parks Trust to give them direct thanks for allowing us to race and ask that we can come back again in 2023 (we will provide details after the event).
We have designed a course that we hope everyone will find fun to ride, albeit once you've got the "start loop" out of the way ;-o
We have also had a few riders hit up the course and feedback has all been thumbs up. Fingers crossed you all enjoy it!
In 2023 there is also the return of the Novice category for newcomers to try the inside the tape experience before / withouth jumping straight into age category racing. This is run in parallel with our youth races. There are no podiums or league results for the Novice category it is intended for entry-level experience and confidence building - enjoy!
Hot food, coffee, cake, Red Bull will be on offer in our event village as well as some cool head gear on sale from Big Bobble Hats .
If you are able to spare some time pre/post your own race or if you are a friend/family of someone racing or unable to race and can spare some time to help marshall this would a) be legendary and b) get you an invite the Velobants race after-party! PLEASE MESSAGE US IF YOU CAN SPARE ANY TIME - NOT ALL HEROES WEAR CAPES, SOME WERE HI-VIZ!!
If so then please get hold of us via social media or email us at email@example.com and we'll do our best to help you out.
- Your bike (or the bike you are borrowing)
- Your pocket money to spend on Coffee, Belgian Frite, Big Bobble Hats, snacks,
- Your unicorns / unicorn themed gear / inflatables for #unicorner
- Your bants
- TO PUT ALL YOUR LITTER IN THE BINS / BAGS PROVIDED OR TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU. #dontbethatperson
- Collapsible chair for pitching up before / after you race to support your fellow riders in other races #cheers4peers; EVERYONE GOES FASTER WHEN THEY ARE CHEERED ON. FACT.